World

Hamas claims responsibility for Tel Aviv attack; Israel hits Gaza

Oct 04, 2024

Gaza [Palestine], October 4: Hamas on Wednesday claimed responsibility for an attack in Tel Aviv a day ago which left seven dead and 17 injured.
In a statement, the Palestinian security group from Gaza said that the two perpetrators from the city of Hebron in the Israeli-occupied West Bank were its members. At the same time, Hamas threatened further attacks.
The two men, who were shot dead by Israeli security forces, on Tuesday killed their victims on a light railway and at a stop in Jaffa, the Arab-dominated district of the coastal metropolis.
One of them had an automatic rifle, the other a knife. Media reports said the victims were railway passengers and passers-by.
Israel has been waging war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip since October 7 last year when the group and its allies attacked southern Israel, killing more than 1,200 people.
After Israel's massive attacks on Gaza, the Hamas-controlled health authority in the besieged strip puts the death toll at more than 41,000. The figure does not distinguish between civilians and fighters, but health officials say the majority of casualties have been women and children.
The conflict between the Jewish State and Muslim rivals has since spread to involve the Lebanese organisation Hezbollah and Iran, which backs both Hamas and Hezbollah.
Earlier, at least 32 Palestinians died during an incursion by the Israeli army into the city of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip, Palestinian sources said.
Many of the victims were women and children, the Hamas-controlled rescue services reported.
According to eyewitnesses, the incursion is said to have taken place without prior warning. Israeli troops allegedly besieged and shelled several houses.
Among those injured was also a local Palestinian journalist, with five of his family members having lost their lives.
Israel's military initially did not comment on its actions in Khan Younis.
Palestinian reports also said three people have been killed and at least 15 injured in an Israeli army attack in the centre of the Gaza Strip.
The Israeli army announced that it had attacked a Hamas command centre in the former building of a girls' school in the village of Nuseirat.
Prior to this, precautionary measures had been taken to spare civilians as far as possible, the army added.
Source: Qatar Tribune

More news

Madhur Knit Crafts Limited's IPO Opens from August 24, 2026 to August 27, 2026; Issue Price Band Fixed at Rs. 95 to Rs. 100 Per Equity Share

Ludhiana (Punjab) [India], August 21: Madhur Knit Crafts Limited ("Company"), engaged in the business of manufacturing fabrics, blankets, winter textiles, garments and other textile products, announced the opening of its Initial Public Offering (IPO). The Issue will open for subscription on Monday, August 24, 2026 and will close on Thursday, August 27, 2026. The Company is proposed to be listed on the NSE Emerge platform. The Issue Price Band has been fixed at Rs. 95 to Rs. 100 per equity share and the total Issue Size is up to Rs. 53.28 crore.

Aug 21, 2026